Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Woo Hoo for Wednesday!

I am so excited...it is Wed. No one in my house is puking (yet) so we get to go to church tonight! Beware...I hear other houses have started with the bug. I hope it spares everyone!


So last night...I read my Bible Guide and learned more about Obedience. I think he is considered the poster child for obedience...Abraham. (Whereas I am the poster child for Adult ADHD.) In my Bible margin I had written these words..."God said Go and Abraham had no further conversation about it...he just WENT!"

In case you need a refresher...Gen 12:1-4a "The LORD had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you. “I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you.” So Abram went, as the LORD had told him;..."


WOW...Obedience. How often does someone ask you to do something and you say "Let me pray about it before I commit". Do you truly pray? I don't always. Do you seek God's guidance? I don't always. Or do you breath a sigh of relief and pray instead that they find another person to do the task? I do this alot more often than I care to admit! An answered prayer is an answered prayer...right? just kidding!


Seriously, Abraham got me thinking...when someone asks me to do something...what if it is really God whispering to me? We know that God speaks to us in 4 different ways...(assuming you respect and believe Henry Blackaby knows something - please don't tell me if you do not...it may break my heart...haha)...1) His Word 2) Prayer 3) Circumstances 4) His People . What if the invitation for the task is the invitation from God to work with Him in an area? Should we really be so quick to dismiss and move on? What if we miss out on the blessing he is trying to give us? How many blessings have I missed because I let others fill tasks that God meant for me? Oh my...I dont even want to consider!




So there you go...the continued journey of Obedience...lunch break is over...so stay tuned!

In Him,
Kristy =)

PS - Interesting statistic....this is the 100th post...not that it matters or relates...I just could not believe it had been 100 times! ha

No comments:

Post a Comment