Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Friday, January 28, 2011

Just call me Moses...

I am reading in Exodus right now...and Moses cracks me up! It is a wonder God did not strike him down and move on. I mean, can you believe the nerve he had basically telling God no FOUR different times (ex 3:11,13 and 4:1,10). And afterwards in verse 4:14 it says "Then the LORD's anger burned against Moses...". Right there I would expect lightning bolt from heaven but instead God brought in Aaron and gave an alternate plan that still included Moses but made it more bearable for him. Talk about slow to anger and abounding in love and faithfulness!!!

And then I realized as I was shaking my head thinking how CRAZY it all sounded and that Moses was walking on thin ice and if I was in God's shoes I would have...it hit me...I AM MOSES!!!!

Ashamedly floods of thoughts came washing in of times that I felt the prick in the heart to do something and I ignored it. The simple little tiny things that I didn't even do! It is amazing God hasn't send me a lightening bolt! He is so merciful! Praise Him! It is so easy to judge how others should respond in situations, but how about how we should respond? What if we spent more energy judging ourselves and our own heart than trying to play Holy Spirit and convict others??? Might be interesting...might be helpful in Kingdom building...might be a challenge to us all...

Hope you had a good Friday!
Go home and judge yourself tonight =)

In Him,
Kristy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment