Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Mentoring Opportunity

Titus 2:3-5 (NIV)
“Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.”


This is one of my favorite scripture passages. I think the most sobering reality in my life of late is that the writer is not necessarily referring to the physical age of the older women versus younger women. (Well that and where the WMU trainers told me I was old. hehe)

God has shown me over the years that physical age does not matter in His eyes...He is more interested in whether we are growing older spiritually. I think it takes older spiritual women to impact the lives of younger spiritual women in a unique way that you don't get from regular discipleship interaction. Discipleship is very important, but learning to cultivate relationships with Jesus and other believers pays huge dividends as well.

The past year we have been piloting a One to One Women's Mentoring program. The blessings have been endless and we want to expand it in 2011 by creating more one on one groups.

If you are spiritually "older" and would like to meet weekly to complete a 12-24 week Bible Study (depending on your speed) with a spiritually "younger" woman please contact me. Also, if you are spiritually "younger" and feel like having a mentor would help hold you accountable and help guide you in being a Christian woman, let me know. I'll pair you up and get you going in January down a very exciting road of growing and building relationships!


I know some of you reading this are members of other churches...feel free to participate with us. Maybe we could help you start it at your churches.

In Him,
Kristy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment