Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

SMC - Dec 15th

I wanted to go ahead and post early because tomorrow I have a crazy day!

My verse this time is: James 2:19 "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder." (NIV)

I love this verse. It is one that I semi-quote a lot, but I never can remember WHERE it is located! So this one I am going to be able to quote fully and tell you where to find it!

Every time I read it I imagine satan shudder like a cool breeze blows through hell. And then I realize if the name of the Lord makes satan shudder...it better put a little quake in me too! I think a lot of times we lose the "fear of God". Not like an "oh no I am going to get beat or murdered kind of fear" but a more healthy "He loves me enough to discipline me and let me make my own choices even if they are disastrous and I wish I could take it back" kind of fear ;)

We believe that the "compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love and faithfulness" God (Ps 86:15 a prior memory verse! woohoo) is so forgiving and understanding that we need not "fear" Him. And I think that is a lot of what is wrong with us as Christians today. If we feared God the way we should...we would behave more like the Christians Paul coaches us on how to be (Eph) and less like the world. By taking the "fear of God" out of the equation...we just blend in...and this leads to destruction! =) Look at your actions and reactions...do folks see that you "fear God"? Or do you react to situations like a lost person? Do people see you react like a person with no respect or love for the God that created her...a person who does not care how their words or actions affect others...do you "fear" God?

He loves you more than anything in the world that He created...but He commands fear and respect and love and an intimate relationship...and I have learned the hard way that you can't have the relationship without the others! So take it from a sista who has been there and tried it!

Enough of that...let's hear your verses!
Fearing Him,
Kristy =)

1 comment:

  1. Hey....Me Again. Here is my verse. Sometimes I get confused about what to do in certain situations. At other times I pray and ask what to do and which direction I should turn and don't get a clear indication that God wants me to do or go in a certain way. This scripture speaks to me ....letting me know that if I walk in His light, if I am willing to submit myself to him and willing to follow where he leads that sometimes he may not tell be to go North or South. He may just simply let me go the direction I am heading with the reassurance that I find in this verse!

    Isa 30:21 Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”

    I thank God for a Father that loves, a Father that leads and a Father that listens to His children.

    ReplyDelete