Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Scripture Memory in 2011

Hey y'all,
In 2011 Beth Moore is doing the Scripture Memory Team again. I will be signing up and hope you will as well. Here are the instructions:
http://blog.lproof.org/2010/12/siesta-scripture-memory-instructions.html
It works exactly like I did on our blog in 2010 because I copied the idea from her in 2009! ha The only major difference is that she offers a free Living Proof Live Event in the following January as a congratulations party. The event is free (you have to bring your spiral or note cards as your admission ticket and say 12 of your verses while you are there) but you have to pay your own transportation to TX and room and food. I don't know that my finances will allow me to go this time...but who knows! In 2009 when I checked it was going to be a bit pricey so I opted out. The satisfaction of knowing 24 verses was reward enough! And the increased closeness to Jesus was well worth the time in memorizing!

I haven't decided if I will do the SMC on our blog in 2011. I can't decide how many of you are participating in the shadows...I know a couple of you made it through but did not post your verses each time. So I'll pray on it and decide by Jan 1. If you want to give me feedback on it...either comment or email me kgardner1@aol.com I feel VERY strongly about the concept. I cannot tell you how blessed I have been by being able to recall scriptures when I need them. It is an awesome feeling. And I have shared them countless times with others who needed the encouragement. But I don't want to bore both you readers to death if you are not participating. =) So we'll see where the Lord leads me on it.

If you haven't signed up for the Caswell Ladies Retreat, let me know asap if you want to go. I cannot wait to hear Phyllis Elvington!

Have a great day...I probably won't post again until the New Year...so Happy New Year! Be safe! And focus on Jesus in all of your New Year's events!

In Him,
Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment