Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Friday, September 9, 2011

BUSY!!!!

Y’all it is here…finally! Football season! I know most of you could care less (like my hubby)…but I enjoy it! But I don't hold it too closely...I missed kick off last night and all was well. I watched about 30 minutes and went to bed. I don't love it enough to lose sleep or anything crazy! HA

And you know what excites me most about it this week? That means FALL is around the corner! Yay!!! I am ready! Fall is my favorite season I think. I like the cool mornings but warm afternoons. Dressing is a little challenging but it is worth it! And life gets back “on schedule”. It takes a few weeks once school starts back to get in the groove of life again…and since I live by a day planner…I like the controlled chaos to return…it makes me feel “normal” again! If that even remotely makes sense =)

One of my favorite scripture passages is Titus 2:3-5:
“3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.”

If you are new to the blog…I wrote a post here about the realization of being the “older” woman in the passage...
http://wmbcwomensminstry.blogspot.com/2010/10/news-flashi-am-older-woman.html

Anyway, this passage is the foundation for Women’s Ministry in my opinion. I believe if we mentor young Christians and teach them these simple principles, the church would be much more effective as the Body of Christ.

And I love the way they stress being “busy at home”. But I think it is important to understand what kind of busy that Paul is likely referring to…busy in things that bring glory to God. Busy taking care of your family and your house; making sure everyone around you is getting what they need. The "busyness" that bears good fruit! I am firmly convinced if you focus on the RIGHT things that keep you busy that you have no time for the kind of busyness that breeds TROUBLE! =)

And while on the topic of busy… I think it is kind of funny that Paul points out in TWO places not to be a busybody! I believe he knew this would be a problem for our generation!

1 Tim 5:13
“13 Besides, they get into the habit of being idle and going about from house to house. And not only do they become idlers, but also gossips and busybodies, saying things they ought not to.”

2 Thes 3:11
“11 We hear that some among you are idle. They are not busy; they are busybodies.”


So what do you do at home? Are you busy in the things that bring God glory? Are you idle? Are you a busybody? Pray for me that God will show me where I am idle or a busybody and keep me focused on the busyness that He wants me to focus on!

Enjoy your weekend!
Go see Beth Moore speak…I have tickets to Princeton Church of God if you don’t have yours yet!

And speaking of I have a prayer request…it is a small thing…but I am going to try and juggle the Beth Moore Simulcast, hubby’s birthday supper and a double header baseball game tomorrow…I need STRENGTH! Luckily it is all in a 5 mile radius but I will be dashing in and out of everything!

In Him,
Kristy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment