Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Friday, September 2, 2011

We are not supposed to be Strong Enough

Ever read something in a book or Bible Study and be so convinced that God sent it to you that you check someone else’s workbook to see if it says the same thing convinced their copy will be different? Not saying that I have done that a dozen or so times, but someone less grounded might…*wink*!

Or have you ever hear a song and THINK…oh my! God sent this song to someone to write for me specifically for this season in my life!

Well…I can tell you…He does.

Eph 1:4 says “For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight”. And then read Ps 139. I will spare you from copying the entire thing in…but read it all of it…it has sustained me this week and I think it will bless you too. (Verse 23 and 24 are on the memory post yesterday if you need a memory verse *grin*)

OK…so last night I was working WAY too late which happens form time to time in the life of a plant accountant at month end and I had KLove blaring and a song came on that I have sung a million times and already knew the words to…but last night God told me to shut up singing (off key mind you) and LISTEN to the words because He had sent them to Matthew West to sing to me TODAY. And y’all I about fell out of my chair.

I am humbled daily that we serve a God who cares for me the way He does. That He knows my breaking point is very close and I am about to fall off the edge and in the knick of time He says…”shut up singing and listen…I am Here and I am all you need. You are NOT supposed to be strong enough to survive in this life without Me. If you could…there would be no need for the grace and mercy that I give you daily. Stop trying to be strong alone and let Me be strong for you. Ignore everyone around you and focus on ME and the strength that I try to give your hard headed self”

Sing with me ladies…and thank you Matthew West for being obedient!

Strong Enough by Matthew West

You must, You must think I’m strong
To give me what I’m going through
Well forgive me, forgive me if I’m wrong
But this looks like more than I can do
On my own

I know I’m not strong enough to be
Everything that I’m supposed to beI give up, I’m not strong enough
Hands of mercy won’t You cover me?
Lord, right now I’m asking You to be
Strong enough, strong enough
For the both of us

Well maybe, maybe that’s the point
To reach the point of giving up
‘Cause when I’m finally, finally at rock bottom
Well that’s when I start looking up
And reaching out

I know I’m not strong enough to be
Everything that I’m supposed to be
I give up, I’m not strong enough
Hands of mercy won’t You cover me?
Lord, right now I’m asking You to be
Strong enough, strong enough
For the both of us

‘Cause I’m broken
Down to nothing
But I’m still holding on to the one thing
You are God
And You are strong when I am weak
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength
And I don’t have to be strong enough
I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength
And I don’t have to be
Strong enough, strong enough
Oh yeah

I know I’m not strong enough to be
Everything that I’m supposed to be
I give up, I’m not strong enough
Hands of mercy won’t You cover me?
Lord, right now I’m asking You to be
Strong enough, strong enough
For the both of us


Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment