Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Living LIFE

I finished my Power Suit book last night. I got some major affirmation for some situations I have been facing and whether they were spiritual warfare battles or just my imagination…let’s just say if you think you are imagining someone is spiritual attacking you or a loved one…suit up and get ready for battle. I think the best advice was at the end of the book when she talked about how many people know the tools but do not use them. She also had great suggestions for methods of Bible Study and scripture memorization. A couple were new to me and I can't wait to try them!

We all know the Word of God defeats satan every time, but how many of us use the Word of God daily to strengthen and sharpen us? So many people expect the pastor to educate them in everything they need to know about Jesus on Sunday morning and it just does not work that way. An intimate meaningful relationship is more than a one day a week large group session meeting. Think about relationships with your closest friends versus folks you just know of. It would be the difference in my relationship with my best friend Val versus me insisting I had a meaningful friendship with Cam Newton because I watch him play football every Sunday. It's a one day a week commitment I have to Cam watching him play for 3-4 hours on Sunday but he does not know who I am. Showing up to meet Jesus on Sunday morning for one hour and then living daily life without him is not a relationship. Do not fool yourself. And your pastor cannot provide your relationship with Jesus for you. He can only preach the Word of God so that the Holy Spirit can convict you and bring you closer to seeking Jesus on your own. The preacher does not convict, save, condemn, etc...he preaches. The Holy Spirit does everything else! If you don’t know Jesus intimately…you have MISSED the point.

Intimate relationship is key not only to salvation but also abundant life and joy and peace and all of the other positive aspects of life in the Spirit. Without the Spirit living in you and an intimate relationship with Jesus…it is “just life”…and that is sad. And yet 90% of church goers are just living life…without the Spirit…and they do not even realize there is so much more. It grieves me. That’s why I am so passionate about women’s ministry and mentoring and discipleship training…I want other women to see what I realized 8 years ago…so they don’t waste the time I wasted “just living life”. So what kind of life are you living? If you don’t get it…let’s talk!!! Ok enough on the soap box!

I can’t wait for the Beth Moore Simulcast Saturday. If you do not have a ticket yet and would like to go to Princeton Church of God I still have some tickets to sell. It is less than 15 minutes from Smithfield on 70. Very easy! Just email me kgardner1@aol.com. They are $20 and include Chick-Fil-A lunch. The event is from 10-5:30 and I know it is going to bless our socks off!

Also I am very excited about the WMU Mission Fun Run! I admit that I am a little stressed because there are not many registered folks yet. Hopefully registration will pick up soon. So please spread the word. Here is a link to the on-line registration…http://wmbc2011wmu5k.eventbrite.com/ please forward to all your friends...whether they exercise or not…ha!

Tonight is church night – PRAISE JESUS! Come get filled!

See you there!

In Him,
Kristy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment