Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Unstable

Unstable…sometimes I think that describes me best. =)

My friend, Tammy, shared an article thingy on Habakkuk today and the power of Praise! A line in it made me almost spit my Cherry Coke Zero on my desk…”the assumption was that if somebody laughed, cried, shouted, swayed, jumped, danced, waved his hands in the air or acted remotely undignified in a worship service, he was theologically off base and maybe even mentally unstable.”

This morning on my way to work…several people thought I was unstable at best. You see one of my new favorite songs is Strong Enough to Save by 10th avenue north. Anyway, last night it was on and my strong willed little boy was determined to ruin the listening enjoyment of his mother…so I missed most of it amongst his yelling “turn it down I don’t like it” (and yet he knows every word…go figure).

But Jesus knew I needed it so this morning by myself in the car BLARING I sang with hands raised high…I think that is why the dude beside me had eyes as big as baseballs…both hands were raised high at one point!!! The biggest struggle for me is I sing in church with my eyes closed…hard to remember when driving to keep at least one open =) I will post the lyrics below in case you haven’t heard it yet.

What makes you praise God? Is it music or word or picture or what? No matter....whether you praise silently or loudly like me…just praise Him ladies! He loves it when we do!!!

In Him,
Kristy =)

Strong Enough to Save by 10th avenue north
[Verse 1:]You fought but you were just too weak so you lost all the things you try to keep now you're on your knees, you're on your knees But wait, everything can change, in a moments time you don't have to be afraid, cause fear is just a lie open up your eyes
[Chorus:]And he'll break open the skies to save those who cry out his name the one the wind and waves obey is strong enough to save you
[Verse 2:]Look now is not too late lift up your head let the rain fall on your face you're not far from grace, your not too far from grace
[Chorus:]And he'll break open the skies to save those who cry out his name the one the wind and waves obey is strong enough to save you[Repeat]
[Bridge:]I know the weight of this world can take you down like gravityI know the current of yourself can take you out, out to sea but hold on, hold on
[Chorus:]And he'll break open the skies to save those who cry out his name the one the wind and waves obey is strong enough to save you

No comments:

Post a Comment