Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Monday, August 8, 2011

2nd verse same as the first but with a little more determination...

Peyt came home from GA camp singing a song that we have laughed many times at this summer. It's called "you can't ride my little red wagon" and you repeat the same verse a ton of times but each time with a different tone, attitude, etc. And you always say "# verse same as the first but this time with a little ...." And then you make your voice match that thing...like opera, meanness, sadness, happiness, valley girlness, etc. You get the picture...if not...ask Peyt to sing it...LOL

Well...remember when I was back "on the plan and in the groove" a few weeks ago (click on it if you forgot)...it lasted about 3 days because no one was holding me accountable for my out of control eating habits! So today is a new day... and I need to find me an eating accountability partner. Because call me the Apostle Paul...I am human and I lack self control. Over the weekend I was catching up my Bible Study homework and it referenced the section in Romans 7:14-20 where Paul goes on and on about doing what he doesn't want to do and not doing what he knows he should do and how he is only rescued and delivered by Jesus...and it reminded me of my eating habits!

Read it as it relates in my life today...(changed the words in orange)
14 I know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I eat. For what I want to eat I do not eat, but what I hate I eat. 16 And if I eat what I do not want to eat, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who eat it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to eat what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not eat the good I want to eat, but the evil I do not want to eat—this I keep on eating 20 Now if I eat what I do not want to eat, it is no longer I who eat it, but it is sin living in me that eats it.

So today it is 2nd verse same as the first but with a little more determination...I am on a mission to find the perfect Weight Watchers accountability partner. Not that you care...but I imagine most women struggle with some kind of self control issue as well...and we can learn A LOT from the Apostle Paul.

Continuing in Romans 8 we learn that in order to overcome the slavery of sin (in my example - the sin of lack of self control)...by the grace and mercy of Jesus and living in the Spirit. Our Bible Study homework talked a lot about that concept this week, but I have a CD of Joyce Meyer on the subject that explains it best...I love the way she simplifies it into this...sowing to flesh reaps death, decay and destruction, sowing to the Spirit reaps everlasting life, joy and peace. (Not sure which translation she uses to say it this way but it is a little different than mine). I want everlasting life, joy and peace!!! So pray for me to make more Spirit filled choices! Because it is our choice whether we sow to flesh or spirit...no one can make the choice for us!

I am going to try a new tactic today. Every time I want to eat I am going to write a prayer out in my food journal and let God guide me if I am really truly hungry or if I am just eating to eat. If nothing else at least I will pray more today (because I eat A LOT)...and maybe just maybe I can practice some self-control today! Check in and I'll let you know how it goes!

Be a blessing today ladies!
And I will try to post more this week...last week was C-R-A-Z-Y busy at home and work and church for that matter! LOL

Your fellow Spirit sowing Sister,
Kristy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment