Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Monday, August 15, 2011

SMC - August 15 2011

I cannot believe it is already August 15th! Where does the time go?

I finished my Summer Bible Study homework last night. I am so silly…it makes me so sad to finish a study and move on. And I know that is crazy…but it is me. We meet tomorrow night to discuss the last week…and let me tell you how TIMELY my God is! The study was about finding the delight in time with God rather than seeing it as a duty. And it was really good…the first 5 weeks did an excellent job laying out that topic. The material was nothing I didn’t know already but it was presented in a unique way and it was a nice reminder/encouragement!

Then week 6 was random…and y’all it made me cry. She starts out the homework by saying that she has no clue why she is including a week of homework on spiritual warfare when it wasn’t really related to the topic…well I will tell you why she included it…I NEEDED IT LAST WEEK!!! It brought tears of praise to my eyes! I have never felt more humbled at God’s perfect timing and perfect provision. He gave me exactly what I needed to hear on exactly the week I needed to hear it. It was scary crazy! We started the Bible study exactly one week later than the original schedule…so I know without a doubt it was God’s plan for her to write that week of homework JUST FOR ME! Because in a week where I felt spiritual warfare all around me and in almost every conversation I had…I needed to keep my face planted in Eph 6! And stand on His Word to get me through it! And last night all the pieces came together and satan was rebuked. Praise Jesus!

OK…so I am the random one today…back to the task at hand…Scripture Memory!!!! Woohooo!

This week I choose Joshua 3:5 NIV “Joshua told the people “Consecrate yourselves, for tomorrow the LORD will do amazing things among you”.

Ladies….He is amazing and He alone can and will do AMAZING things among you…IF you seek Him wholeheartedly and live by His Word.

Pray for me (and our other church leaders) this week if you have a spare minute…church leadership can wear on you this time of year…but I rest in knowing that the new year is coming…and God has BIG plans for our church!

1 comment:

  1. This month I have decided to memorize Ephesians 6:7-8!
    "Work with enthusiasm, as working for the Lord rather than people! Remember that the Lord will reward each one of us for the good we do, whether we are slaves or free!"
    I chose this verse because I will go back to work at school tomorrow! Work seems to be the hardest place for me to remained focused on my identity in Christ! My prayer has been to remained focused at work this year and be a light in my school! As I have been studying Ephesians a lot this summer and I came across this verse and decided to memorize it to help me stay focused! My reward is in heaven! Nothing I can receive on this earth can compare! Pray for me as I go back to work!

    ReplyDelete