Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Monday, August 1, 2011

SMC - August 1 2011

My verse this time comes from the Charlotte LPL with Beth Moore.

Rev 3:11 (NIV)
"I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown."

I think this was in the section where she talked about "S" - satan wants what you have (but I might be wrong). At any rate I think it was the point I mostly related to because I fight satan daily to hold on to what I have. I am sure you fight daily as well. We all fight different fights but the enemy is probably the same. And our weapons should be the same (Eph 6:10-20). And one of those crucial weapons is "the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God" (vs 17b). When satan tempted Jesus in Matthew chapter 4...Jesus answered his every temptation by quoting scripture. It was one of the most powerful weapons that Jesus used to combat satan.

So if you are not actively memorizing or at least meditating God's Word...then you are short a weapon...a very crucial weapon and satan knows it! You are vulnerable to the enemy.

So....what's your verse this time? ;)

Hold on to what you have...ladies!

In Him,
Kristy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment