Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

No excuses...and cookies

If you missed tonight's message, you missed a good one...and your toes are probably still in tact (which is more that I can say! ha). Pastor Billie spoke on one of my favorite passages. Exodus 3 and 4. It's the burning bush event and then the myriad of excuses that followed. I think it's one of my favorites because my name should be Kristy Moses Gardner! I laugh now at all the excuses I gave God in the past for all grades of things. And how whether I realized it then or not at the time...I ended up doing the thing He wanted me to in the end...AFTER the punishment for disobedience. I could have saved so much discipline if I would have just done the thing to begin with! And the stinger Pastor Billie sank was the "good" excuse...I'll pray about it. ouch! How many times do we use that one when the answer might as well have been NO because we are going to pray that they find someone else before they ask us again! So then after service...Ellen Hardison picked on me...if you missed it...we need folks to bake cookies for our "Cookies for Community Helpers" event. The cookies are due next Sunday and I was handing out the bags RIGHT AFTER Billie laid the...no excuses sermon out! hahaha So we only have a few bags left! If you did not pick one up...SEE ME WEDNESDAY NIGHT....hint hint
In Him,
Kristy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment