Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Planning Ahead...Summer is Coming!

Happy Wednesday! I just l-o-v-e Wed! Hope you are having a blessed week. I can’t remember if I told y’all about the upcoming JBA-WMU Luncheon. It is Saturday, May 21st and is being hosted this year by our church! I am very excited. This year we are breaking the traditional speaking arrangements and have invited a lady who does pottery. She gives testimony through words and songs while making pottery! I think it will be very cool! Girls ages kindergarten through 12th grade are invited to attend as well. Cost is $5/person to cover food expense. Registration begins at 9am and the program will start at 9:30. Beth C is singing a special if that entices you to come more than pottery…haha Here is a link to the flyer on the JBA web site:
http://www.johnstonbaptistassociation.org/www.johnstonbaptistassociation.org/Home_files/2011%20Flyer.pdf

So other than that...I guess I don’t have anything else to share (don’t faint!).

Oh before I forget…I need to take a poll. I usually do a 6-8 week Bible Study on my back porch each summer with my neighbors, but I was thinking of doing something different this year to help encourage my church lady and blog peeps to STAY IN THE WORD. Summer is so hard to stay committed because well I don’t really know why…it just scientifically is harder! So let me know how many of you (two readers ;) ) would be interested in doing a summer Bible Study together (meeting every other week instead of weekly – so only 3-4 times all summer). If you live in Princeton/Pine Level you can jump in on my Back Porch Bible Study in my neighborhood. My neighbors welcome visitors…and it is my house anyway….haha! If you do not live close to me but need something to help hold you accountable this summer let me know and I will see what I can work out.

You have heard the expression you are what you eat…I always thought that was stupid. As a child I rolled my eyes at it when my Dad told me to eat my vegetables. It's not like I really wanted to grow up to be a VeggiTale character anyway so who needed peas! But over the years I have come to be a FIRM believer that “YOU ARE WHAT YOU INTAKE THE MOST OF” whether it be food, words, television, music, etc. So what are you “in-taking the most of”? The world and it’s “fruitless deeds of darkness” (Eph 5:11)? Or Jesus? Because honestly if we are not face planted in His Word on a daily basis and studying how to be Christ-like on a daily basis….how do we expect to “shine among them like the stars in the sky” Phil 2:14-15, or “stand firm” 1 Cor 15:58 or “be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power” Eph 6:10…ETC ETC ETC!

Y’all please pray for me to take in more Jesus than world! I want to shine and stand firm and be strong! And I know that can only happen through prayer and continuously seeking Him!

Ok that’s it for today…be a blessing to someone today…and I realize my "nothing else to say" ended up not being nothing else to say…should have known better than to even type it…haha

And seriously let me know what you plan to study this summer and if you want to join together in something =) Matt 18:20 "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them" Remind me someday to tell y'all why this became my life verse in Women's Ministry *wink*...

In Him,
Kristy =)

1 comment:

  1. I would love to join a summer study group! I would really like to do a good study on prayer or anything for that matter! I just want to soak up as much of his word as possible! :)

    ReplyDelete