Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A LONG winded Prayer Request and other rambling

OK – so I started this post as a tribute to the nominating committee and encouraging everyone to plug in somewhere and had scripture references and everything in case any of you think that it might be a good idea to take a break from serving at church…BUT I decided it was too brazen and maybe not really God-inspired. And the last thing I want to do on this blog is to offend or come across as just plain mean or take glory from God and hand it to satan. So the subject shifted…drastically…BUT if you are thinking of taking a year off from church service…email me…I have a few things to tell you one on one =) maybe we can have coffee…except I don’t drink it in the summer so maybe we can have a milk shake and discuss things…haha (and here are just a few scriptures to reference if you want to research...biblegateway.com search words service, serve, body of Christ, deeds...came back with hundreds here are my favorites - Matthew 9:37-38, 1 Cor 12:1-31, 1 Corinthians 3:8-10, James 2:14-18, 26 etc!)

-----------------------
Where does time go? I cannot believe we are already meeting as the nominating committee. We have had two meetings so far and we have so much work to get done in the next 2 months. The annual “interest” surveys will be going out soon. This year we are shaking them up a little and breaking them into smaller chunks. The one HUGE survey has gotten so huge that I think it freaks out people. Go ahead now and be praying over where God is leading you to serve next year. I hear the pitiful WMU Director is looking for a replacement =).

OK…I need y’all to pray specifically for something for me. Most of you know that I am called to minister to women…not children! But for the next little bit I am going to be filling in for Acteens Leader…if you don’t know…Acteens are middle and high school girls. When I realized that my friend Tammy would need a break and her assistant likes being an assistant instead of a leader…my heart nearly stopped. So I did what every other good Women’s Ministry Leader would do…I whined to God about how I didn’t know anything about leading teenagers to be mission minded and couldn't someone else do it??? And He did what He always does…gave me His infallible Word in the form of a 2x4 upside the head and said USE IT woman!!!

2 Tim 3:16-17 16
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Heb 13:20-21 20
Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, 21 equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

How do you argue with that???? He ROCKS!!! So I researched and found us a 10 week Small Group Study that I hope they will enjoy. Honestly, I liked it for me even if they don’t…haha

Here is the trailer…
You've seen the reality TV shows, but sometimes it's still hard to know what's "real" today. It can get especially confusing if you're learning what it means to follow Jesus and become more like him, yet society has a different idea of what you should be like. But when you focus on the right things, you start the kind of makeover that turns you into the real you God has created you to be. Head to Soul Makeover is a 10-week small group study that will help you become more real like Jesus as you develop your humility, confidence, courage, self-control, patience, contentment, generosity, and perseverance. Each lesson is tied to a reality show like American Idol, My Super Sweet 16, and Fear Factor, and you'll take quizzes and try the Makeover Challenges to help you grow your faith and deepen your character. It all culminates with the "Big Reveal Party" where your group will celebrate your transformations.
--------------------------

Doesn’t it sound awesome???? So if you know ANY middle/high school girls…send them on Wed nights starting June 8th (on my birthday…how nice we might have cake to kick off the series!).

And please pray…pray for wisdom, discernment, peace, joy, excitement, lots of girls to show up, etc! Pray specifically for me to be able to relate and connect with these girls over the next 12 weeks or so. But do NOT pray for me to have patience…my Granny Capps always said if you pray for patience you had better be ready to walk in the shoes of Job because the only way God could give you patience was for you to earn it through experience…and I don’t want to earn it right now! Haha

I will be in Acteens tonight pumping up the girls for their new curriculum. Y’all have a great Wednesday!

Don’t forget Saturday is the JBA WMU meeting…come one come all!

In Him,
Kristy


PS - I am looking for a summer Bible Study for the back porch girls...anyone got any suggestions? I need one that does not need the dvd to meet...one that you can only use the member book and then have discussion about the homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment