Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A lesson from King David

I don’t have any exciting announcements today…sorry! So I will just share with you a verse I found in the Old Testament last night that might encourage someone like it did me. Beth Moore had talked about it in Bible study a few weeks ago…but last night I stumbled across it again when I was doing my daily Bible reading and WOW! It is kind of funny that my daily reading has brought me EXACTLY where my Bible Study homework is at the moment…coincidence? Absolutely NOT! A God thing and lesson that I had better be understanding and learning…YES!

2 Sam 7:18 “Then King David went in and sat before the LORD, and he said: “Who am I, Sovereign LORD, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far? “

I will not lie to you…I cried. I stopped right then and cried and prayed…”Lord who am I and what is my family that you have brought us this far? “. You see I believe that we are all just one breath away from heartbreak maybe not even caused by us (and possibly absolutely caused by us…but heartbreak nonetheless). Call me weird...but I really think at any given moment tragedy can strike either as a result of a poor decision made by us or just out of the clear blue (and in that case it is no respecter of people). Just think of the folks you know that have faced a major “out of the clear blue” tragedy in the last months…from tornadoes to cancer to victims of a house fire to countless other circumstances…tragedy does not only pick certain kinds of folks…it can happen to anyone.

If you are not facing a tragedy right now thank God and then pray for mercy for someone who is facing a tragedy. I firmly believe it is not because you (including I) have done anything special to protect yourself from tragedy striking…it is just God’s mercy and His will for you at this season in your life. But the season can change in the blink of an eye…so showing the same mercy and grace of Jesus to others is probably a good thing to do while you are tragedy-free!

That’s all I got today…that verse just shook my soul and I wondered if any of you were feeling the same but not sure what to do with so I wanted to share what King David shared with me last night in how to handle that feeling of complete and utter gratefulness and awe…go to God and pray “Lord who am I?” And give thanks to Him and worship Him for being HIM! And if you are not reading on a Bible Reading plan right now…WHY NOT…(just kidding)…seriously, go read 1st and 2nd Samuel…they are probably my favorite Old Testament stories and they will bless your socks off!

Be a blessing to someone today! =)
And tomorrow night GO TO CHURCH (somewhere...anywhere) and get refueled for the rest of the week! If your church does not have a Wed night service…come to ours! You are always welcome!

In Him,
Kristy =)

PS – Pray for my friend Tammy…it is chemo day for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment