Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Friday, May 27, 2011

awesome quotes to share

I don’t know exactly HOW that I have found the time…other than a pure “part the red sea miracle from above”…but I am very excited that I have been able to get back to some reading again! I am such a book nerd and I have been so busy with stuff that I have only been reading my Bible and my Bible Study…and I have missed my leisurely reading! I was ½ way through “Crazy Love” by Francis Chan when LIFE happened and I had not picked it up in a few months. Somehow this week I have been back to it and I have determined that God wanted me to read this section NOW instead of months ago…because it applies to my current “busy” season! He is so awesome like that! So I wanted to share some quotes from the book. I am truly a nerd…never have tried to deny it…and I absolutely LOVE a good quote! You know…one that you feel in the inner parts of your being. Hope someone else is blessed or inspired by them!

1 - "Our greatest fear as individuals and as a church should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter."

2 - "Physical sickness we usually defy. Soul sickness we often resign ourselves to."

3 - “God was saying that no worship is better than apathetic worship. I wonder how many church doors God wants to shut today.”

4 - “We need to realize that how we spend our time, what our money goes toward, and where we will invest our energy is equivalent to choosing God or rejecting him”
----------------------------------

#1 made me near about hit my knees in the customer lounge at Massey Tire. It just resonated through my body because I struggle daily in trying to figure out how to teach my kids to be afraid of this exact thing. For so long I did not “get it” myself…and I want them to learn it earlier in life! Everything I participate in now makes me wonder if it really matters. And I try so hard to remind myself that it doesn’t unless it relates to winning souls for Jesus (even as simple as just by acting like a Christian in daily living so others see it!). To me this is the foundation of true authentic following after Jesus whole heartedly …understanding what truly matters in life. And understanding that nothing on earth truly matters except maybe for intangible things like relationships!

#3 was in reference to a passage in Malachi. Mal 1:10 “Oh, that one of you would shut the temple doors, so that you would not light useless fires on my altar! I am not pleased with you,” says the LORD Almighty, “and I will accept no offering from your hands.” The people had been making sacrifices with blemished animals and with a half heart. Basically God told them “if you can’t do it right then don’t do it at all!” My first thought was that how many times have I wanted to say that to folks??? =) And then quickly I realized how many times God wanted to say that to ME. And it wasn’t funny or light any longer. In fact…it hurt.

And then #4 just about ripped my heart out! I guess it is not a new concept…just one that I have ignored for convenience! Never did I truly think of those things listed as black and white…yes or no…choosing or rejecting Him!!! Oh my! Forget money…you either tithe and offer or you don’t and I think that is between you and God. But time and energy…did you ever think of that as accepting or rejecting God? Where does my time and energy go? When God looks down from heaven (Ps 53:2)…what does He see me doing? Where does He see me spending energy and time?

Out of a week…60 minutes x 24 hours x 7 days…10,080 minutes are available to me. Of those minutes what does God see me doing with the majority of my time and energy? To think that my choosing the world and some of the activities and pleasures it has to offer over spending time in His Word is completely rejecting Him! This morning I chose to hit snooze an extra time (or two!) instead of getting up so I could read today’s Bible reading. In my sleepy stupor I figured I would catch it tonight. I rejected Him in that moment. I fell short! So now I have to repent and turn and learn from it and move on. Bet you can guess what I will be doing tomorrow morning! =)

Where are you spending the majority of your resources (time, money, energy)? The key word is MAJORITY! Pray for God to show you…but be ready…it might hurt like it did for me!

And be careful…it is so easy to lose sight of Jesus in the summer…I know from experience…so find you an accountability partner and stay in His Word ladies!!!

Y’all have a great holiday weekend and be a blessing to someone!

In Him,
Kristy =)

PS - If you want to join us for the Duty or Delight Bible study…let me know so I can order the books mid-June! You can email me or post a comment to the blog.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kristy
    I want my book!!! I know I have already told you....Count me in :)Jill

    ReplyDelete