Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Friday, May 20, 2011

Exciting Announcement and Misc News

I have an exciting announcement…I picked the Backporch Bible Study we will do this summer! For those of you that do not live in the Princeton area…I will pray for you…haha just kidding! Seriously, I will offer to get your books and possibly even meet at the Selma Bojangles three Saturday mornings to discuss the study as a small group. (But if you can make it to my house…the porch is an awesome experience! Can’t beat the serene sound of screaming kids in the yard…haha) The study is “Duty or Delight?”. I am including the synopsis at the bottom of the post (actually I can’t remember if that is the right word…anyway it’s the summary of the book on the back cover – don’t tell Mrs. Wallace! haha).

We will meet on Jun 28th at 6:30 to get our workbooks and just chit chat and eat snacks =). The workbook is going to cost between $16-$20 depending on shipping and qty we order. We will meet every other week to discuss two weeks of homework. Jul 12, Jul 26 and Aug 9. I need to know by Sunday June 12th if you want me to order you a workbook. Feel free to invite a friend we just might outgrow the porch...haha Just email me (kgardner1@aol.com) the qty of books you need.

In other news…tomorrow is the JBA WMU Luncheon. You are welcome whether you are Baptist or not…we would love to have you! It is going to be fun!

And here is breaking news…I just got an awesome text…my friend Tammy drove her car today!!! She feels that good…Praise the Lord! She has had an excellent week this week…Praise Him! Please continue to pray for her.

There are so many sick in our midst it seems. But I saw another beautiful sight last night…Xander Pond the little boy from Princeton with cancer was running amuck at the ball field with a crowd of youngins. He was playing tag it appeared. Please pray for him as well. I don’t know his family personally but I am sure they covet prayers right now. My favorite memory verse to pray over sick people is Jer 17:14 “Heal Tammy and Xander, O Lord and they will be healed, Save them and they will be saved, for you are the one we praise!”. Because I think this Old Testament verse shows us two awesome characteristics of our Lord…HEALER and SAVIOR! Amen!

Y’all have a great weekend and be a blessing to someone! And pray that I can give my devotion I practiced on y’all this week. I get nervous speaking in front of lots of people!

In Him,
Kristy =)

Duty or Delight? Knowing Where You Stand with God is a women’s Bible study (print only) with six weeks of study. Author Tammie Head leads you on a journey of taking your relationship with God from a duty to a delight. This is a subject she’s lived, and you will enjoy her candid transparency.
God is not looking for us to perform for Him, He’s looking for us to delight in Him. Many of us hit invisible barriers when we seek the Lord with questions like:
Is God happy with me?
Does He really love me?
Am I doing enough?
Why do I feel guilty all the time?
Why can’t I seem to grow more spiritually?
Join Tammie on a journey to overcome spiritual insecurity using six foundational truths from Ephesians 1:3-23. You will discover the beautiful news that God has not only chosen you for a deep, soul-satisfying relationship but He also constantly supplies everything you need to know Him this way. If you’ve been longing for a deeper relationship with God, this study is for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment