Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Monday, March 28, 2011

Weekend Recap

What a weekend! The Gardner house was crazy busy…and yet I never got overly tired! Praise Jesus for His strength when I am weak! I hope all of you had a Jesus-filled weekend! I had so many blessings that it is hard to pick my favorite! I will tell you that one of my favorite parts was supper with some girlfriends (and some little girls) and Phyllis Elvington on Saturday night. It was not planned for Phyllis to meet us to eat…and I think sometimes that makes it more fun when it is spontaneous (although Peyton will tell you that spontaneity makes me want to throw up…and she ain’t lying! haha)! I kid you not we laughed until my side plum hurt. That woman is as crazy as I am!

I hope you were able to hear her speak on Sunday…she brought such a strong and convicting message from God’s Word. And the fact that it was Deu 6:6-9 made me almost squeal! I mean really…how awesome is my God!!! To affirm in me a message He had already shown me last week (see Mar 23 blog post). And the music was just priceless! There is something about a ladies choir that melts my heart! If you missed it I am certain Mr JC will make extra copies…so send me an e-mail and I can snag you one!

The next big thing on the Women’s Ministry horizon is the annual ladies tea! I cannot wait! We have an awesome speaker lined up for it as well! We will have testimony from one of our own! I absolutely LOVE to hear folks I worship with regularly share how the Lord has blessed them in a large setting. There is something about a personal testimony that lights hope in others! Please be in prayer NOW for the speaker. I know she would appreciate having prayer from her sisters in Christ! Mark your calendars – April 16th! Wow…I just realized that is 3 weeks away!!!! I better get busy finalizing some food and décor! Or we may be eating nabs! Haha

I know this has been randomly thrown together but I also want to share what Beth Moore talked about in Bible Study last night. (I re-read that sentence and it made me laugh…it was worded like Beth was at church in person teaching Bible Study…LOL…I left it so you could laugh too!) Anyway, she broke down Psalm 62 in our study of David, a Man After God’s Own Heart. I have read the Psalm many times but she pointed out some wording that never stuck out to me. One part was in verse 7a…it says “My salvation and my honor depend on God”. We know that we are not responsible in any way shape or fashion for our salvation. As believers in Jesus Christ we KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that salvation comes from God alone and we merely receive the FREE gift of GRACE when we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior. But she pointed out that WE are also not responsible for our HONOR. I don’t know why I missed that portion of the line. But what a relief! I have lived life many years agonizing over my sin-stained honor…but I don’t have to agonize over it or defend it or anything because basically I can’t!!! My honor is in tact because God washed my honor as white as snow when He washed me in the blood of Jesus. God is responsible for it…not me! Praise the Lord…cause you know we would royally screw it up!

So today…thank God for your salvation and your honor…because both depend on God ALONE! And be a blessing to someone!

In Him,
Kristy =)

PS – If you don’t already have one in mind…pick a verse from the following Psalm to memorize in our SCRIPTURE MEMORY CHALLENGE…starting back on April1st and that is NO April’s Fool! haha

Psalm 62
1 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

2 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken.

3 How long will you assault a man? Would all of you throw him down—this leaning wall, this tottering fence?

4 They fully intend to topple him from his lofty place; they take delight in lies. With their mouths they bless, but in their hearts they curse.

5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him.

6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

7 My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.

8 Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

9 Lowborn men are but a breath, the highborn are but a lie; if weighed on a balance, they are nothing; together they are only a breath.

10 Do not trust in extortion or take pride in stolen goods; though your riches increase, do not set your heart on them.

11 One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong,

12 and that you, O Lord, are loving. Surely you will reward each person according to what he has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment