Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Monday, August 9, 2010

"IT"

I am reading another awesome book. I'll wait while you get off the floor from that staggering news flash *grin*. It is by Craig Groeschel (you may remember I just read "The Christian Atheist" by him and it made me laugh and cry at the same time while convicting me to the point of no return). The full title of the book is "IT: How churches and leaders can get it and keep it". The funny thing is that he never actually defines "it" and yet you know exactly what it is! He talks about what it is not and what it results in. And from all of the examples, it is very clear that our church had it but as I look around I wonder if we are losing it.

Poor Travis...y'all pray for him because he has to live with me! Last night I made him listen as I read about 3 or 4 pages from the book...and then with wide eyes I asked him...do you think we are losing it? He did not say...no baby you obviously have already lost it!!!! But he was thinking it...I could tell =) And maybe I have...but as I look around at the way we treat each other I can see it slipping away. And I don't know what to do about it. It's like seeing a small leak in a dam and wondering how long before it busts. You know it will. You know it cannot hold the water back once it has weakened, but what can you do to fix it? Hope Mills did not know...and I don't either.

Of course I do know that only God can truly fix the weak spots in us. And I can only pray for Him to "make me willing to be willing". That quote was in the Ruth study I just finished and it spoke volumes to me. How often do I see a need but don't do it because I am not willing to? So my daily prayer is for God to "make me willing to be willing" to do whatever He lays in front of me. To mold me into the person He created me to be. To change me in whatever areas I am weak in...gossip, pride, jealousy, anger, etc strengthen me in any area to be more like Christ. That is one way you keep it...treat others as Christ would treat them. Are we treating each other as Christ would? Did you take last week's Shelby/Ruth challenge?

Look around the county and you will notice some churches with it, some that never had it, and some that lost it along the way. It can come and go as God sees fit. We really do nothing to create it...it is a blessing from God. We can only be obedient and treat others as Christ would...and hopefully God will continue to bless us with it. I can't wait to read the next 70 pages or so!!!! Stay tuned...

In Him,
Kristy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment