Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Scripture Memory - July 15th (a little late)

I am sticking with my last verse because I do not quite have it yet!

Hebrews 12:1 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us RUN with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Let's hear yours!
=)

3 comments:

  1. Spouting off before listening to the facts is both shameful and foolish. Proverbs 18:13 I am also going to learn at the same time James 4:1-17. Pastor Billie read this to us yesterday during church and it hit home. It is a long one so it will take awhile to learn it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's mine: Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
    I may add verse 11 and 12 cause they speak to me too but 13 is the promise I need to hear right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been reading through Moses' journey with the Israelites out of Egypt and it seems that everyday that I read more it is the message that I need for that day! The other day two verses really stuck out to me.

    Exodus 14:13-14
    "Moses answered the people "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.""

    Now I am not running from Egyptians, but we all face problems each and everyday. Im a "fix it" kind of person. I want everything to be fixed with very little disruption. This verse spoke to me and I learned that sometimes I just have to be still and let God handle my problems. If IM always trying to fix things I may miss the solution that God works out for me! This verse was so good to me!

    ReplyDelete