Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A fresh OT Word

I am reading the Bible chronologically this year. I read it the last two years using a reading guide that I highly recommend! You alternate between an OT book and a NT book so you do not burn out in the OT laws! If you need a copy...let me know!

The chronological has been a tad challenging because obviously it is all OT until the last portion of the year!!! I am so ready for the glorious birth of Jesus my Savior! But the OT speaks volumes to me...when I listen! Last night I was in Jeremiah...and I had a "ah ha moment" when I read Jeremiah 17:7-8. It's a common promise throughout the Bible, but something last night made it come alive once more!!! "But blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit." Maybe it was the HEAT! I had done my 5k training just before reading...and it was 90 degrees with no wind! (In fact when I came in Caleb said "Oh no Momma...your face is bright red! Are you ok?" thanks dude! haha) Or maybe it was because I had spent the evening earlier working in my neglected garden...and I was seeing first hand what happens when drought and heat combine! Regardless I wanted to share it with y'all and hope that it blessed you the way it did me!

Trusting in the Lord is not easy all the time. Sometimes it is down right hard. But the reward of trust and obedience is always so sweet and restful. That is the best way I can describe it. Restful. Unfortunately...I have a lot of experience on the matter! When I try on my own accord to do things my way instead of obeying God's commands...my life is turmoil, aggravating, and usually hard. And even when His path is less travelled and not exactly "easy"...it is restful and blessed! Sometimes it just takes looking back to see the full scope and then to stop and Praise Him!

Have a restful day in Him!
Come for ice cream tonight!

His Servant,
Kristy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment