Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Random Tuesday!

Warning...this post lost it's point after one paragraph...lol

Over the weekend I finished reading the WMU Emphasis book...Life Unhindered! It is based on Hebrews 12:1-2. It walked through various things that keep us "hindered" from becoming who Jesus wants us to become. And ways we can throw off the things that hinder us and run the race! The July 27th Ice Cream social will feature a very short devotion taken from the book so you can get a "taste" of it...with sprinkles and caramel =)

Tonight I have neighborhood Bible Study at my house. We are doing the "Ruth" study by Kelly Minter along with Beth Moore's blog community. It is really good. I highly recommend it. We are only using the workbooks, we did not buy the dvd's or anything official like that. There are 10 of us meeting on my backporch...well tonight at 98 degrees we will probably opt for the climate controlled living room! It is a fun mix...early 30's to 60ish, single agains with and without kids, married with children, married with grandchildren. We are building special bonds that are priceless.

Tell us what you are doing this summer to stay in the Word. I love hearing what other folks are using so I can add it to "the list" of reading and study material...and my list is getting sooo long!

In Him,
Kristy =)

1 comment:

  1. Well, I was gonna try to read thru the Bible again this summer but quickly lost interest. :( Once BSF ended in May, I struggled with what to do and knew I need to find something. I finally settled on doing the Beth Moore "The Patriarchs" bible study. I am in week 4 right now and this has turned out to be the right time for me to do it which is usually how God works. YAY GOD! I also just finished "So You Don't Wanna Go To Church Anymore" by Wayne Jacobsen and ? Colson. If you liked "The Shack" you would enjoy this book. It is fiction but packed with info on your walk with Christ and not getting so tangled up in the ritual/tasks that we call church. About how we can distance ourself from HIM by being so bogged down working for HIM. It's a good read that I pick up at Walmart. I also finished a book called "Boundaries" - borrowed from a friend along with a workbook. It helps organize your life, responsibilites, finances or at least put them in perspective. That's it for now, although I am in search of the next thing to read. Maybe I'll dive into "Just Give Me Jesus" by Anne Graham Lotz (I sense a theme here even as I write this). Hope others share....I would love to hear of some more book possibilities. Tammy

    ReplyDelete