Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

SMC - Feb 15th 2012

Howdy! Hope everyone is having a fabulous week! Tonight was church night so I am filled up and ready to finish the week strong in the Lord! I love mid week prayer service because my tank usually needs refilling by Wed. Tim's message on caring for the poor was very timely. If you missed it, read the story of the rich man and Lazarus the beggar in Luke...ch 16. And then donate to Backpack Buddies *wink*.

OK...my verse this time is an old testament...and I am picking the last portion to actually memorize. I will post the entire verse for context. But the last part has become my theme verse over the years.

2 Samuel 7:18 (NIV) "Then King David went in and sat before the LORD, and he said "Who am I, O Soverign LORD, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?"

Think about that one...look around you at your blessings. From the smallest to the greatest. There are blessings we have that we are not even aware of. Often times I ask...who am I? A Sinner. Plain and Simple. That is who I am. And I just praise God for grace. undeserved, unmerited...grace. It's amazing. Thank you Jesus for saving me.

What's your verse?

In Him,
Kristy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment