Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Privilege of Praying...

I experienced something Sunday that is indescribable. I have been trying to figure out how to put it into words all day yesterday but I am still at a loss for how to explain…that alone should tell you the power of a miracle! *wink*

I spent Sunday morning worship service in the Prayer Room at our church with another prayer warrior. Our task was to pray throughout the entire service. I was a little apprehensive at first…I will not lie. You see we started a small Prayer Team at church and I missed the kick off meeting while on vacation and have been a little stressed ever since because I didn’t feel like I knew what to do! Generally, if I commit…I am committed 100% and I want to analyze the opportunity to death to make sure I am fully aware and understand everything! Not to mention provide my 2 cents on how I think things should be done…and offer a spreadsheet…it’s just IN ME!!!

And an hour plus service is a long time and I was afraid I would run out of words…like that’s going to happen unless God intervenes! Haha I had crazy thoughts like what if the other person wanted to pray silently instead of out loud? Or vice versa? Any random thought that satan could put in my head last week…you can bet he did. And so all week I prayed for what I would pray in the prayer room…how funny is that???? But God delivered…satan got not one single foothold in that room. He tried…but God won…He always does…so there! =)

Anyway…back to the experience. Y’all…it was amazing!!!! The other partner and I prayed together over the entire service, the pastors and leaders, the music, the technical folks and their button pushing/clicking fingers, the congregation and their hearts and minds, the children’s leaders and the children, the babies in the nursery and the folks rocking them…you name it and we prayed over it. We prayed over the various ministries and leaders at our church and the child care center and all the upcoming events. I was mentally tired after the service. Well…mainly because you know I cried through a lot of it!!! It was truly one of the most amazing and beautiful things I have EVER experienced at wmbc. Humbling and amazing. That is how I would describe it.

I think that the privilege to pray should not be taken for granted. For a long time I took it for granted but Jesus died to give us the privilege and we should hold on to it tightly. If not for Jesus bleeding and suffering and dying on that cross so that He might RISE on the third day…we would still be trying to live under The OT Law. God knew we could not do it. I can’t even keep the big 10 consistently every single day…much less even imagine knowing when and what to sacrifice and how often and for what sin. Thank you God for sending Jesus to save me!!!!

So how do you pray? Do you only pray in a crisis when nothing you can do can fix something? Do you ever pray just to say thank you for sending Jesus? Do you pray for lost folks that you do not know? Do you pray regularly? Or do you pray just at night before bed…”now I lay me down to sleep”? If you can’t or don’t want to answer some of these questions…come see me and I will get you a copy of the book the Prayer Team used to start up. It is excellent in guiding you to build and improve your personal prayer life. And it is very easy to read…nothing too heavy or hard to understand.

And today or any day if you don’t have anything to pray for…PRAY FOR ME! You will never waste a prayer on me…and I will appreciate every single one of them! Today specifically pray for perseverance…the race of life is long and sometimes hard…I want the stamina of Paul…pressing on toward the goal…forgetting what is behind...eyes on the prize!

Be a blessing to someone ladies!!

Love ya!
Kristy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment