Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Recap

Hey y'all! I just wanted to recap the awesome weekend at church! I hope everyone who was able to make it to the tea had a wonderful time! I love hosting a party...and the tea party is special to me because it's a chance that I can give back to the women at church who do so much during the year to make our Women's Ministry what it is! It is the day we set aside where I can tell you all thank you for everything you do! Particularly this year I am so thankful to Tonia for heading up the catering. She did an amazing job after lots of research and in the midst of a family crisis...she ROCKS! And those that helped her with the food were wonderful too! And I am so thankful for Karen who never has told me NO regardless of what I ask her to dress up as...lol She made a wonderful Annie Armstrong. And Ms Amber always does such a cool GA Tea Party...the girls LOVE it!!! Most important I thank Jesus...for inspiring the WMU Pioneers to create a program that enables missions to be supported throughout the Baptist community of believers. There are leftover placemats on the welcome desk if anyone wants extras...

And then the concert...I was left SPEECHLESS!!! I love hearing the Young Disciples. I never grow tired of them! And me and my Buggy Babies had us a rocking time! They were complete angels and we did not miss a single song! They clapped and threw their hands in the air...I just know they were Praising Jesus! I think that was the most fun I have had in a Sunday night nursery service EVER...lol

And tonight it just carried forward...I gave up on Travis being in town on the 3rd Monday night of a month and finally asked my Mom to come babysit so I could attend the WOM meeting. It was wonderful. Ms Debbie Barbour did a great lesson and gave us a new fun reminder to pray for our missionaries and each other throught the month. That group is growing and they are having a ball showing others the love of Christ. I was so excited to be a part of it this month. You should try it one month...I promise you will receive a blessing from it!

Tell us your favorite weekend moment! Have a great week In HIM!

His Servant,
Kristy =)

3 comments:

  1. The YD concert was incredible!! They never disappoint! :)
    Running a close second for me was a chance to catch up with old friend from a former job... we gathered and held up a table at Ruby Tuesdays for waaaayyyy too long... but we had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite weekend moment was when I heard my grandma say "I know I am going to get better because there are too many folks praying for me" instead of "I just hope Jesus lets me just go to sleep in my chair". It was the first time I have not cried the 3 hour trip home in 2 months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weekend was so amazing! I loved every part of it, but I think think the Sermon was the best to me. I had been dealing with a situation all week long, and finally on Friday I just asked God to show me what I needed to do! I knew the right answer, but sometimes you want to ask, "but God". Or make your What Would Jesus Do Answser fit your emotional feelings. Lets just say I was humbled this weekend. While his answer was firm and I felt convicted, and my toes still hurt a little! However, I love it when God convicts me and refines me in the fire! I truly thank God for that!

    ReplyDelete