Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

SMC

Hi y'all, it's scripture memory day! yeah! I admit...I am still struggling with my last one, but I decided to press on and get a new one because I am close to having the other one. Feel free to repeat one if you struggle with it. Just don't give up! This time I have chosen a promise from the Old Testament:

Jeremiah 33:3 (NIV)
"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

I love the book of Jeremiah. And I love that we can call on God to tell us things we do not know. And I especially love that He only tells us what we can handle at that time in our life. I look back over my years of being a Christian and I thank Him for showing me little glimpses along the way to grow my faith! I cannot imagine if He had flooded me then with what He tells me now. I was so immature it would have blown my mind and probably caused me doubt and more confusion. It is awesome that He doesn't tell you anything UNTIL you seek Him first...because then you are ready to be receptive and obedient. And it is awesome that He only reveals as you are obedient. Seek and Obey...let's hear your verses!
In Him,
Kristy

3 comments:

  1. I chose 2 Timothy 1:7, NIV

    "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kristy,

    Sorry I am a little late but I am having computer issues. Here is one of my absolute favorite passages in the Bible. I love the stories of the sheep and the shepherd. I totally can picture my self as a sheep. Everytime I hear the following scripture I think of the real actions of sheep and how they know their masters voice. That being said my scripture pick this time is John 10:4 "When he has brought out all his own, he goes ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice" It goes on to say they will not follow a stranger but instead will run away because they don't know his voice. Oh to be a sheep listening for my Master and to know His voice and to run when I hear things that could lead me astray. This is my prayer - that I know His Voice and I follow where he leads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very behind and I have to get back on my SMC. So I figured no time like the present to get back on track. This time I am going with one from Sunday's sermon. It was one I needed many times last week and I need to have it in my bank to pull from. (Even though I already knew the truth!) Its funny I find myself quoting my SMC's when they apply to my situation. I love it!

    This time I am going with Ephesians 4:29

    "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up, according to thier needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

    Thank you God for reminding me just how small I am and how small my problems are in comparison to you!

    ReplyDelete