Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Monday, March 1, 2010

SMC #3

My scripture comes from the retreat. The babbling, at times incoherent, confusing speaker said a few things (if you could focus and stay with her)...that really pierced my heart. Those of you there can testify to my meltdown! haha I am such the freak show...but I have never been so burdened. There are so many people dead. so many people...and like the movie says "THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW THEY ARE DEAD!!!" (yes don't faint I did sit still at one time in life long enough to watch the Sixth Sense...but then that was before I was given help!)

My scripture this time is Ps 94:17 (NIV)
"Unless the LORD had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death."

Praise Him, ladies, praise Him! I just love you ladies! Thank you for keeping me accountable and in His Word!

Let's hear your name, verses, translation...

5 comments:

  1. Tammy....Mine is from this weekend too. "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous.
    Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9 (NIV)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This time I choose a verse that has been really humbling me and speaking to me lately! I ran across it in my daily Bible study! Currently God has camped me in Acts.

    Acts 5:41

    "The apostles left the Sanhedrin, rejoicing because they had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the name." NIV

    The whole chapter talks about the persecution the apostles were facing as they were spreading the word of God's love around and telling others about Jesus. The apostles were summoned to appear before the Sanhedrin who wanted to have them put to death! A Pharisee named Gamaliel appealed to the Sanhedrin on behalf of the apostles. He basically told them if the men were acting outside of God's will then they would fail, but if they were truly of God they would be unstoppable and it would be like wrestling with God himself! How humbling to know that if we are in fellowship with God then he will fight for us! The Sanhedrin ordered the apostles to be flogged and never to speak of Jesus again… yeah right… after they were flogged they left rejoicing that God had considered them worthy enough to suffer for him. How humbling! We all face trials, I dare say most of them are nothing compared to being flogged and yet we, or at least I, tend to complain and fall all to pieces. I should consider myself lucky that God thought I was worthy enough to go through a trial in my life for his sake! How humbling... This entire passage has really been working on me and I have been reading it again and again! I hope it will touch some of you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tammy I love that one...I'm adding it to my list of "up next's" =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to say that Cindy's analogy of the blueberry pancakes hit home with me...it was worth the conference just to get my toes stomped on....I am guilty of giving God the scraps...after work, play, facebook, etc.... NOT ANYMORE!!! Praise God. I also was astounded by the question: "If you had to stand in front of God and he asked you why should he let you into Heaven..."? What would you say??? Most could say....I go to church...but I do not want that to be the only explanation I had to give him... This question was a real eye opener and it changed my outlook on life... Our God is Worthy of all Praise!!

    Gina Rogers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry girls, I'm way behind on this one... my verse is Genesis 50:20, NIV:

    "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."

    ReplyDelete