Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Just Checking In...

I’m back…did ya miss me? I missed y’all.

My family took a short vacation…just the right amount of time away. We have never been week long vacationers…we just don’t roll that way. Personally, I like taking long weekends and stretching my vacation days out over the entire summer. =) Last year we took a full week and we were about nuts by day 5.

We went to see the Atlanta Braves play the Texas Rangers and then to Myrtle Beach with Travis’s parents. The Braves game was awesome! It got rain delayed so we bailed and went for supper instead of hanging in there for the over 5 hour ball game! But supper was good and 5 innings is enough at one time for my crew. And I took some really good pictures of Josh Hamilton like we are BFF’s or something. I told Travis they were so good that I should send them to his momma. And he just shook his head. Maybe he thinks she has better pictures from ESPN or something…hmmm oh well.

The beach was also awesome. It always reminds me of how BIG that God is! And I love the sand and salt…and so do my children. That is one thing they definitely get from me because if we NEVER went back to the beach my hubby would be just fine with that. The weather was perfect and the sunscreen worked well so we made the most of our two days hanging out with Meema and Papa. And there is just something special about reading your Bible at the beach…it’s just so serene and calm (when the kids are IN BED that is!!!).

I am ordering the Summer Bible Study today…so if anyone last minute wants to jump on with us…come on…see this post…http://wmbcwomensminstry.blogspot.com/2011/05/exciting-announcement-and-misc-news.html

Just reply to the comment or send me an email if you want me to order you a book.

Hope you all have a Jesus-filled week! Its church night…go somewhere and get refueled!

In Him,
Kristy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment