Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Solomon's Wisdom

In case you live near me and you don’t remember what this looks like…it is rain!


I was so hoping to wake up and have to run in the rain or at least on damp pavement…oh well…still not our turn. Maybe next time =)

I was reading in 2 Chronicles early this morning and I was struck by Solomon’s request for wisdom. Not because I had never read it or known it…but just because I never thought long and hard about it. Basically God gave Solomon a blank check. God said in 2 Chron 1:7 “Ask for whatever you want me to give you.” And Solomon picked wisdom and knowledge to lead God’s people. As I sat there thinking several thoughts popped in my head…so I will share them and you can laugh at how RANDOM my brain functions.

1 – Why didn’t Solomon ask for something selfish? Most humans would ask for riches, power, good health, long life, or even safety from enemies (I mean his crazy brother had already tried to steal the throne to be sure Solomon was scared someone else might turn against him and try to hurt him)…so why not something selfish? Why something that would benefit countless others?

2 – I wonder if Solomon had heard so many Moses and stiff-necked Israelite stories as a boy that he knew it would take lots of wisdom and knowledge to lead God’s chosen people. Maybe he was afraid without wisdom he would buckle or snap when they started whining again.

3 – What would I ask for? Would it be something to benefit others or just myself? What is the true desire of my heart? Is it in line with God’s will for my life? And how can I daily ensure my desire and God’s Will are in line? Is Bible reading and prayer enough…or am I missing something obvious that I need to do?

So I prayed…go read it (2 Chron 1) and put yourself in Solomon’s place (that is my FAVORITE way to read the Bible by the way…in first person…what would I do/say??)…and then you pray too…because I already prayed for you this morning. Love you ladies!

In Him,
Kristy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment