Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Scripture Memory Challenge - June 15th

Hey Y'all! I am writing you from Myrtle Beach. We are on the Gardner Vacation with Travis's parents having a ball! But I could not let that be an excuse to get complacent on my scripture memorization...this time I choose Heb 11:1 (NIV)

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see."

It was such a God moment today on the beach...I was trying to decide my scripture and I did not have it yet. I picked up the book I brought with me to the beach "Life Unhindered". It is the WMU focus book this year. Well I had no clue...but guess what it is based on...the Hebrews hall of Faith!! I just grinned...anytime Billie is preaching a series that God wants to make sure I am focusing enough attention to, HE brings it to me in another form. love it!

So what's your verse? Hope you are having a wonderful week...I dread returning home tomorrow...hahaha! And back to work Thursday! ughhhh!

Seeking Him,
Kristy =)

4 comments:

  1. Ephesians 2:8-
    "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Acts 4:20 For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.

    Billie used this one Sunday morning and it was a Wow moment for me. Not that it spoke to me but I hope it speaks of me. I hope others say that of me. Letting my LIGHT shine everywhere and everytime I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO believe it or not, I have not been on a computer until now... not an excuse, but thats my story. I am going to go with the first part of the WMU theme verses for the comming year and pick up the second part next time.

    Hebrews 12:1

    "Therefore since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and sin that so eaisly entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew it was about time to post my verse but normally I get an email stating when something has been posted to the BLOG and I had not gotten one yet. On Friday I received an email from my conscience to post my verse. So last time I posted a verse it was about patience. Well my patience is paying off b/c my life will start changing as of Wednesday. I have had a really dear friend help my see what verses mean in my life and it all is starting to make sense to me. It is amazing how that works. What I have started doing is when I see or hear a verse that put off a light in my mind I write it down in my book that I have my verses in and the date and I study it and put it towards my everyday life. I actually have 2 verses to use this go around. I know, I know sounds like alot but when something hits you like a ton of bricks you just have to share. So here it goes: I CALL ON YOU, GOD, BECAUSE YOU WILL ANSWER ME. Psalm 17:6 and FOR I KNOW THE PLANS I HAVE FOR YOU, DECLARES THE LORD, PLANS TO PROSPER YOU AND NOT TO HARM YOU, PLANS TO GIVE YOU HOPE AND A FUTURE. Jeremiah 29:11

    ReplyDelete