Click SMC Intro (under Labels) to learn about the Scripture Memory Challenge - and then look for posts on 1st and 15th of each month!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

This letter is from...

James,  a slave of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ.  I am writing to the 12 tribes, Jewish believers scatter abroad - Greetings!  Dear brother and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.  For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.  (James 1:1-3, NLT)

Y'all will love this image.  This week a friend of mine and I started running at 5am again due to heat and night time baseball schedules.  If you have been a reader for any length of time (poor thing!), you know that I hate to get up early.  I mean I pure DESPISE it.  But I love to run, so it offsets I guess =)

Well this morning my friend surprised me...she brought memory verse cards!  You see we took the Beth Moore challenge to memorize the entire book of James in 5 months starting May 1st!  I had planned to get my cards together tonight...but let me tell you that it really passed the running time this morning!  Granted...I have a neighbor (or two) that now has confirmed my sanity level...

It was hilarious.  I giggled so much it slowed us down a tad...ha! 

If you aren't currently memorizing anything for eternity...join us in the challenge...James is an awesome book full of amazing advice and life lessons that apply today!

Well, I am off to read the rest of Judges for my daily reading...if you aren't currently using a daily Bible reading plan...join me in that too =)  You won't waste a minute on either of these tasks!

In Him,
Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment